Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Odyssey 03B Tryouts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Odyssey 03B Tryouts

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 7/3/2014, 5:38 am

Odyssey will be offering tryouts in July at KSA Fields on Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30 pm for one (1) or possibly two (2) motivated players that want to be challenged and develop on our D1 Classic League team.

Our high tempo approach to the game makes Odyssey an excellent team for the serious minded player who wants to compete at the highest level against some of the best teams in the nation.

If your 03 BB is highly motivated and willing to work hard to achieve the elevated degree of individual and team performance that we expect and develop from all of our players then Odyssey is the place for you.

On July 1st we completed the signing of our returning core of experienced players, added a new GK and made a few new additions to our defensive line which means that we now have an opening for 1 or possibly 2 more players (any position) this coming season.

It is going to be a great year for Odyssey and we look forward to seeing you at our team tryouts this July at KSA fields located at 112 Sports Parkway, Keller, Texas, 76248.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Re: Odyssey 03B Tryouts

Post by Number13 on 7/7/2014, 2:23 pm

Odyssey 03B tryouts will continue tomorrow (Tues July 8th) at the KSA Soccer Complex at 112 Sports Parkway, Keller, 76248.   6:30-8:00pm.  

If you are an experienced player (relative to your 03 peer group) looking to play D1 CL soccer we have an open roster spot.  

I know that is normally code for "we need one more sucker willing to pay to be the 18th player", but in this case it means being the 15th kid.

Last edited by Number13 on 7/7/2014, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona on 7/7/2014, 4:24 pm

"If you are an experienced player looking to play D1 CL soccer we have an open roster spot." lol! An 03 an experienced player? lol! 

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 7/7/2014, 4:36 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:"If you are an experienced player looking to play D1 CL soccer we have an open roster spot." lol! An 03 an experienced player? lol! 

you do realize that a lot of the 03 players having been playing academy/select soccer for 5 years or so and another 2-3 of rec soccer before that. My BB started in rec soccer as soon as he turned 3. he now has 8.5 years of experience playing soccer as an 03 player.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 7/7/2014, 5:29 pm

Same goes for many players in the "Top 5" and some of them have already made the move to Pre-Academy or are playing up a year like the FCD Premier 03B GK that made Stricker's D1 02B team and a few others from Premier who either moved onto 02B teams or over to the "03B Real Madrid Superstar Showcase" (AKA DT West Castro).  Cool  

When I initially posted it I meant experience from playing competitively in Youth Academy and 1 year of Classic League.

That's about as much as anyone can ask for from an 03B, but I think it's fair to call it "experience" or better yet "relative experience".

I certainly wasn't using the word to compare us to the older players who have more "functional experience" from actual years of competition at a higher skill level and who so graciously show us no mercy when we get the nerve to play up a year.

I posted it to mean that we have a more competitive expectation level required by players trying out for our team since our roster size is limited to 16 players and our pace is a bit more high tempo than frenetic and everybody has to contribute since our band of  pirat actually has to play DT West (Castro) a few times next year and we are hoping to make a go of it.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 7/8/2014, 7:33 am

I wish our roster would of staid at 15/16, we now have 18 and maybe 1 more will be added.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 7/8/2014, 8:00 am

Not sure how you can add 1 to an 18 man roster.  Maybe I don't know the rules.   But..yeah...18 seems likely to be a bit of a challenge.   We had 17 last year and it was sometimes difficult to strike a balance between competitiveness and a reasonable PT distribution.    The 18th kid tends to take PT away from the 15th-17th kid, etc. Whenever we had a player or two missing, it was much more likely that everyone was happy with the PT distribution. Not that that needs to be the overarching goal, but its nice to not have to worry about it. If one happens to be a statistics-obsessed worrier.

I know some teams ran with 14 last year.  Which seems like a fine number to have for a game.  Maybe not a tourney, but a game.  We don't have player pass as a CYA option if folks are missing, so it makes a bit more sense to have a little bigger buffer.  

But whatever, we are having tryouts/training tonight, have a pretty good group of players IMO, and have at least one more spot open for those interested.

Cheers and good luck.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 7/8/2014, 8:36 am

Number13 wrote:Not sure how you can add 1 to an 18 man roster.  Maybe I don't know the rules.   But..yeah...18 seems likely to be a bit of a challenge.   We had 17 last year and it was sometimes difficult to strike a balance between competitiveness and a reasonable PT distribution.    The 18th kid tends to take PT away from the 15th-17th kid, etc.  Whenever we had a player or two missing, it was much more likely that everyone was happy with the PT distribution.   Not that that needs to be the overarching goal, but its nice to not have to worry about it.  If one happens to be a statistics-obsessed worrier.  

I know some teams ran with 14 last year.  Which seems like a fine number to have for a game.  Maybe not a tourney, but a game.  We don't have player pass as a CYA option if folks are missing, so it makes a bit more sense to have a little bigger buffer.  

But whatever, we are having tryouts/training tonight, have a pretty good group of players IMO, and have at least one more spot open for those interested.  

Cheers and good luck.  

Thanks Number13.
Good luck this season.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum