Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

SuperCopa

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SuperCopa

Post by avid03parent on 6/9/2014, 1:37 pm

Anybody see the games this weekend? Looks like most of the semifinal and final games were competitive. Congrats to Pats who took home the hardware. I did hear there were some overly enthusiastic fans from S. Florida on the sidelines.

avid03parent
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Re: SuperCopa

Post by Sprint on 6/9/2014, 1:59 pm

If by "overly enthusiastic fans from S. Florida" you meant: A parent in the 04 division chasing down the referee after ending the game in the 04 finals between Solar Red and Miami Parma, then, I heard/saw that too. 

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by avid03parent on 6/9/2014, 2:13 pm

cheers cheers cheers 

avid03parent
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 6/9/2014, 2:20 pm

I saw some of the 03 games.  The Texas teams did pretty well.  

There are some big fast kids out there. I stood next to the 5'5" father of the 5'5" 11 yr old GK for winning team during the gold final.  That kid was good.  Most of the play was in his end.

Fields nice.  Balls rolling down hills and 100 yards away not too great.  Parking a bit difficult if you didn't just head to the back.  We played one half with no injuries or major events and 6 extra minutes and another half of a second game where CR blew it 2 mins early. I guess there is some consistency in always being inconsistent.

Apparently 04 parents are crazy everywhere.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 6/9/2014, 2:41 pm

North Texas did very well as a group with:

1. A semifinalist in U9 FCD Premiere
2. Winner of U10 Solar Red
3. Semi finalists in Odyssey, and Finalist in U11 Texans Castro
4. Both Finalists in U12 (Team X and Winner DTS)

Last edited by Sprint on 6/9/2014, 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 6/9/2014, 4:40 pm

In the 02B Division, Team X and DT South were spectacular and represented us very well.

I wonder what happens to these players next year with full time PA and DA programs.

I am not a Futsal convert yet, but some of those City Futsal Academy players are developing very well and it shows. (I realize that they also have traditional football training so to be fair it would be best to say that have a combined education.)

DT South (Adames) 03B team really shined (They Tied the Pateadores and made it to double overtime with Albion FC in the quarter-finals). I think that the Texans are poised to have three of the "top 5" teams in D1 03B next year.

As for Dallas Texans West (Castro) 03B team...I fully expect them to keep the top spot for the foreseeable future and I am sure they are probably practicing with weighted backpacks this week.

Odyssey got closer this year (semi-finals), but once again Castro and Paddy had to battle it out before the finals.

The 04's are a precocious lot and I would like to believe that they are a product of the high level of NTX competition brought about by the previous years (of course they would probably disagree)  . Congratulations to Solar Red (Oglesby) on the 2-Peat, that is a remarkable feat and they are an excellent team.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 6/10/2014, 2:01 am

It was a good tourney this year, our boys(Pats Irvine) had fun and enjoyed the experience. It was great getting our coach back after being away for a few weeks. We honestly didn't think we would win it, we were unable to bring our 3 back line starters( 2 center backs and left back). The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The refs were all what we expected except the ref in bracket play against the Texans. He was a joke, had no idea what he was doing!!! We handled the result and still won the bracket. As for the finals, it was a good game, I thought it would've been better on field 6, and without the wind. Our keeper is 5'5? That's pretty generous. Thank you for all the fun and we look forward to coming back next year. Hopefully we can bring all 16 boys next year.
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 6/10/2014, 7:14 am

PatsDad we really appreciate your team for participating in our tournament.  The Pats are always the club  to watch at the Dallas Cup and your presence at SuperCopa gets the party started earlier.

I think the 5'5" keeper was from Albion SC (another excellent team/club from your state), but your game against DT South (in bracket play) was a great experience for us even if the officiating wasn't the best.

I hope our top teams will participate in some of the Prestigious California tournaments next year and keep the friendships growing.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 6/10/2014, 9:27 am

I didn't actually measure any kids. The Pats keeper seemed a pretty big kid. He looked as tall as the tallest kids on Texans West when they were all jostling around in the box in 2nd half. I don't know what that makes him, I just guessed. I don't even know how tall my kid is, just "short". Numbers confuse me. Carry on.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 6/10/2014, 10:53 am

Just playing around with the height part, he isn't our tallest kid. It would be great to see some Texas teams come out for Surf Cup. I'm sure you will enjoy the weather. Thanks again for the hospitality
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum