Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic League Challenge Games 03B

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Classic League Challenge Games 03B

Post by hanallalone on 5/20/2014, 11:25 am

Congrats for Saturday... Exciting game to watch... I had one of my players guesting on the other team... Lots of lead changes... Well deserved victory... Waters 01s won as well...

hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Losoyaus on 5/20/2014, 12:07 pm

North Texas Strikers are a very strong team defense is good froward is a beast that being said good luck to all teams

Losoyaus
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Losoyaus on 5/20/2014, 12:10 pm

Losoyaus
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by worldcup2026 on 5/20/2014, 10:10 pm

A lot of hype about the strikers! Let the games begin!

worldcup2026
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine on 5/20/2014, 11:39 pm

odie1993 wrote:
hanallalone wrote:I watched the #24 seed on Saturday...  Have no clue how that team finished 19th in PPL...  The team I saw could have played in Classic D2 last season and easily held their own...  I have seen some of the bottom tier PPL teams and APL teams lately, and none of them look anything like the FCD Central White team did...  They control the ball very well, have great tech and tact, and were really fun to watch move the ball...  I was there as a spectator, but as it turns out it was an accidental scouting trip...  Take a look at the recent record of that team...  How did they do so poorly in PPL?  I openly endorse Waters as a great coach, and the team that won the tourney was well prepared to play at the next level...  Here is the link to the tourney:  

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=36483&GroupID=364706&Gender=Boys&Age=11

TEAM RECORD:

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=686679&History=yes&compact=

Going to be a FUN weekend with some great soccer...  Who could ask for more?

My BB has played them twice in tourneys recently.  Guesting with Andromeda in the President's Cup and then with his team on Saturday.  I am pretty certain they brought in guest players for both compared to what I saw them play with in PPL.  I am not a 100% certain on that but believe that is the case.  No guest players for this weekend but they could have easily added them to the roster before April 15th.  good luck to them and every team out there this weekend.

Let's hope for no major injuries.

FCD CENTRAL WHITE 03 BOYS had no guest players during the President's Cup or this past weekend's tournament. This is the same team that will compete in the challenge tournament this weekend.

Waters develops soccer players first and plays to win second. This team has developed throughout the year because winning league games has not been the goal.

I expect this team will be playing to win this weekend.

Best of luck to all teams.
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 5/21/2014, 5:55 am

Just as I expected... Waters is doing it right, and his team looked GREAT last weekend! Best of luck to you guys in the tourney... Anyone overlooking this team is in for a BIG surprise!
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Losoyaus on 5/22/2014, 8:04 pm

It's game time this week

Losoyaus
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 5/22/2014, 8:31 pm

Good luck to all and remember this mantra

"You win your team is in, You tie your chances fly"

Don't risk a draw, don't play it safe, make your mark and leave all you got on the pitch.

This QT is a great place to show what a difference a year makes.

I am bringing my tent and cooler so I can get a good spot for watching some great challenges and I know I won't be disappointed.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson on 5/23/2014, 8:40 am

Good luck to all of the Qualifier teams. Wish I could do like premier, but alas we will be at Railroad in Lewisville. Just wish the games were not all at same times as our games. Still holding my predictions as I have way too many friends and former players on many deserving teams. Wish them all well.
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Losoyaus on 5/25/2014, 8:02 pm

Strikers looking strong

Losoyaus
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by RealSoccer on 5/26/2014, 12:43 am

I caught some of the Strikers game and I can see why they are doing well, they have man child boys on that team that look like they should be playing U14. Looks like the FC team has their hands full tomorrow.
RealSoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by unclegio on 5/26/2014, 9:35 am

Wet windy fields are making for a great day.

unclegio
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 5/26/2014, 11:18 am

RealSoccer wrote:I caught some of the Strikers game and I can see why they are doing well, they have man child boys on that team that look like they should be playing U14.  Looks like the FC team has their hands full tomorrow.

I wouldn't get too worried about physical appearance because looking like a team of 14 year olds is a lot less worrisome to a competitor than playing like You're a team of 14 year olds.

Anyways NTX Strikers have the same worries as everyone and want to get through the weekend on top. They have been waiting a whole year to qualify and they look like a team on a mission so bring your best game because I know they will be bringing theirs.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RealSoccer on 5/26/2014, 1:37 pm

I wouldn't get too worried about physical appearance because looking like a team of 14 year olds is a lot less worrisome to a competitor than playing like You're a team of 14 year olds.

Heh, that goes without saying and quite obvious Smile

However, looks like the Strikers will have to wait till next week to qualify as FCD won the game 2-1.
RealSoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 5/26/2014, 1:58 pm

RealSoccer wrote:
Heh, that goes without saying and quite obvious Smile
However, looks like the Strikers will have to wait till next week to qualify as FCD won the game 2-1.

What's not so obvious is what is implied by saying a team has players that look like they are 14 years old so "Captain Obvious" over here made a statement about it to show some respect to NTX Strikers that was apparently not so obvious to you.

Anyways FCD played well and NTX Strikers get to try their luck next week in an a very tough field that I wouldn't have a notion to call after watching this weeks events.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b on 5/26/2014, 2:21 pm

Anyone know the outcome of Bracket A and FC National Chivas vs Andromeda in Bracket C?

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by merlin on 5/26/2014, 2:27 pm

muc03b wrote:Anyone know the outcome of Bracket A and FC National Chivas vs Andromeda in Bracket C?

Andromeda 3 - 1
merlin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b on 5/26/2014, 8:30 pm

Thanks... anyone know Juventus-DT red south final??

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by unclegio on 5/26/2014, 9:11 pm

What is wrng with getting these scores posted? How hard is this?

unclegio
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b on 5/26/2014, 9:14 pm

so true...they're sitting with two games not posted that were over a long time ago!!

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sanchemv on 5/26/2014, 9:31 pm

Juventus vs DTRS was a 2-2 tie

sanchemv
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad68 on 5/26/2014, 9:45 pm

Based on a 2-2 tie for DTRS and Juventus and a 3-1 Andromeda win over FC Nationals Chivas, next week SHOULD look like this:

North Texas Strikers  21 pnts, 1 seed
Dallas Texans Red South  16 pnts, 4 seed
Midland United Chivas  16 pnts, 5 seed

FC Nationals Chivas  19 pnts, 2 seed
Liverpool St John  19 pnts, 3 seed
Dallas Tigres  14 pnts, 6 seed

This is using points earned this week (and goals diff for tie) and a serpertine seeding that would have the 1,4,5  and 2,3,6 seeds in each group.

Just a guess...  and if the unposted scores are correct.

soccerdad68
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Losoyaus on 5/27/2014, 8:37 am

Strikers good team but when refs are not calling game fair its tough to beat team and refs good luck strikers next week

Losoyaus
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 5/27/2014, 9:11 am

Losoyaus wrote:Strikers good team but when refs are not calling game fair its tough to beat team and refs good luck strikers next week

Don't worry about the NTX Strikers, they have every ability to go through next week and need to focus on attacking and striking and not get caught up in blaming officials, the pitch, or the current price of gas. They racked up an impressive number of points in the first week and are the #1 seed going into week 2 so stay positive and don't fret about last week or you will not get the result you are after.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson on 5/27/2014, 9:50 am

Congrats to all of the teams for being in a position to be able to compete this past weekend. A year's worth of hardwork preparing them for such an important event. Every player/coach/parent should take pride in that.

Seems I do recall someone saying A bracket would be tough. I am not sure many had Real GP coming through so definitively. They are a tenacious bunch. I knew Juventus were dealing with some injury concerns but did not think it would affect them that much.

Guess I was most surprised by B bracket as I had St John as a lock. Still think they are a very good team that is working through some internal concerns with some players having to move (I wonder if that affected anything, some players not having any stake other than pride) Congrats to AFC black who surprised me as well as many others.

Bracket C-While I had hoped Texas Xtreme would have had a better showing, this one played out just as I expected. Andromeda is very good on set plays and from what I have heard that was a difference maker for them this weekend.

Bracket D. No surprises. Forzi is a good coach and they have a very quick forward who can finish.

Bracket E. I had figured DT Red would figure a way to win this one. I had expected Tejanos to squeak out the 2nd place so Tigres taking that head to head 2 to 0 was my biggest game shocker of the weekend.

Bracket F. Guess having two teams in the tourney it was pretty good odds a coach as good as Jon Waters would have at least one team make it through. This one should not have shocked many.

This weekend, wow my heart wants to go with St John and FC Nationals but DT Red South or Strikers Blue would not shock me at all. Will be interesting and I hope everyone comes through healthy.

Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 5/27/2014, 12:00 pm

Fastest goal I've seen at Classic other than a shot on the kickoff at U16...

Andromeda scored on Nationals in 9 seconds.  After a short touch forward on the kickoff, second player dribbled straight up the field through the entire defense and shot and scored.  

Last edited by nearpost95 on 5/27/2014, 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: