Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Log in

I forgot my password


Classic D3 Play in tournament

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by frequent flyer on 3/21/2014, 10:15 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
Soccer27 wrote:A bit of stretch on that one.  It appears to be more competitive team in PPL team than APL.

which ppl teams are strong? stronger than the apl midland united chivas that have beaten several classic d1 teams this year?


I would say NTX Strikers and AFC Black can hang with FCD Pritchett and Andromeda Kuntz.
The 3 through 13 teams its really a draw. Everyone is pretty equal. Our boys have beaten Mustangs and Tigres then end up losing against Titans and FC Dallas Silver. Very inconsistent play after the top two teams in PPL. I looked at APL and we only have played one team in that league so hard to say.

frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 147
Join date : 2011-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by soccerdadrandy on 3/21/2014, 10:43 pm

fandefutbol wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
Soccer27 wrote:A bit of stretch on that one.  It appears to be more competitive team in PPL team than APL.

which ppl teams are strong? stronger than the apl midland united chivas that have beaten several classic d1 teams this year?

Which Classic D1 teams has APL Midland United Chivas beaten?

Beat FC Dallas Youth East in Plano Labor Day this year, tied Tejanos in same tourney

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=668377
http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=344622
http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=238760
http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=459256

lost 3-2 in championship game to inner city mana (houston) with a last second goal
avatar
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2013-08-22
Location :

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by soccerdadrandy on 3/21/2014, 10:55 pm

Soccer27 wrote:They have ?  Congrats if they have! Pretty good for a team in 9th place in APL. I'm sure any of the top 6 can compete with the top in APL.  But again this is a marathon not a sprint. It's only the first year of select. Good luck in all upcoming tournaments

forgive my "blindness gentlemen and/or ladies. thought i was in 00 thread  Evil or Very Mad 
avatar
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2013-08-22
Location :

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by soccerdadrandy on 3/21/2014, 10:57 pm

fandefutbol wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
Soccer27 wrote:A bit of stretch on that one.  It appears to be more competitive team in PPL team than APL.

which ppl teams are strong? stronger than the apl midland united chivas that have beaten several classic d1 teams this year?

Which Classic D1 teams has APL Midland United Chivas beaten?
forgive my "blindness gentlemen and/or ladies. thought i was in 00 thread  
avatar
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2013-08-22
Location :

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by SoccerIsFun on 3/22/2014, 1:01 am

Tomorrow's Big Game in D2 is FCD Red Pritchett vs Andromeda...  If Pritchett beats Andro, done deal...they take #2.   A tie or win by Andro, however, things get crazy.  

Pritchett - 31 points... needs to win 1 game (their last).. a tie or loss and they are out of the running.
LP St Johns - 29 Points .. needs to win last game vs. last place John3:16, then needs a tie or loss by Pritchett, Juventus, and Andromeda (tough, too many things need to fall in their favor)
Andromeda - 28 Points (2 games left)  Needs a win over Pritchett, then a win against FC Premier next week..  2 wins, they take second place  (tie or loss in either game they are eliminated)
Juventus - 27 Points (2 Games left) Needs to win both games vs. Badii and FCD Waters and needs a tie or loss for both Andromeda and Pritchett. (tie or loss they are eliminated)

Andromeda and FCD Red are the only two teams that control their own fate.. coming down to tomorrows game.

All other D2 teams have been eliminated.   Badii and FC Premier have played well in the last few games and both will have a HUGE impact on the final if Pritchett loses or ties to Andromeda.

OF the APL, their are a few really good teams that will have a shot at Classic 3

Oak Cliff Cobritas
DTS Red South
DFW Tejanos
Real GP
FC Nationals
Midland United Chivas
Fort Worth FC (have come on strong late)

OF these.. FC Nationals was the closest in qualifying this past season..  They Tied Faber and lost 1-0 to Toshack in second week of QT.

OF the PPL there are a few pretty good teams as well, although I think top APL are a bit better.  PPL is just much deeper from 1 to 19.

North Texas Strikers Blue
AFC Black
Mustangs FC.
Meja Romero
Dallas Tigres

NTX Strikers, like the Nationals, were very close in the QT, tying DT Red Badii 1-1 and losing by 1 to LP St Johns.

Classic 2 this year had a few good teams that could compete well with the second tier D1 teams.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were only two to three new teams in Classic 3 next year.

John 3:16, FCD Central Waters and Texas Lightning are the best bets to be replaced, the other 5 will be very tough to beat in the Challenge Cup.

SoccerIsFun
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Join date : 2014-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by Soccer27 on 3/22/2014, 5:44 am

I would add DT white to you PPL list since they are in 4th place there. Looks like they are making a  late run for top 3 spot.   
NT Strikers Blue
AFC
Mustangs 
Dallas Texans White
Meja-Romero 
They have a good chance in beating any of the D3 teams. 
But just like frequent flyer said the top 2 teams have been very consistent in PPL

As far as APL I think have a good chance. 
Cobritas 
Dallas Texans South Red

I think DT South Red will get in. (Hint Player pass)
Even though this team doesn't need to to win and get in. Just imagine 3 Texans team in D3 if they work the player pass system correctly?

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 380
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 3/22/2014, 6:16 am

CCSAI doesn't allow pass play for qualifying tournaments.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 995
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by Soccer27 on 3/22/2014, 6:32 am

Well there goes that idea/scenario...

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 380
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 3/22/2014, 5:30 pm

Congratulations to Faber and Pritchett for wrapping up the top 2 spots, good work, well deserved.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 995
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by frequent flyer on 3/23/2014, 5:07 pm

SoccerIsFun wrote:Tomorrow's Big Game in D2 is FCD Red Pritchett vs Andromeda...  If Pritchett beats Andro, done deal...they take #2.   A tie or win by Andro, however, things get crazy.  

Pritchett - 31 points... needs to win 1 game (their last).. a tie or loss and they are out of the running.
LP St Johns - 29 Points .. needs to win last game vs. last place John3:16, then needs a tie or loss by Pritchett, Juventus, and Andromeda (tough, too many things need to fall in their favor)
Andromeda - 28 Points (2 games left)  Needs a win over Pritchett, then a win against FC Premier next week..  2 wins, they take second place  (tie or loss in either game they are eliminated)
Juventus - 27 Points (2 Games left) Needs to win both games vs. Badii and FCD Waters and needs a tie or loss for both Andromeda and Pritchett. (tie or loss they are eliminated)

Andromeda and FCD Red are the only two teams that control their own fate.. coming down to tomorrows game.

All other D2 teams have been eliminated.   Badii and FC Premier have played well in the last few games and both will have a HUGE impact on the final if Pritchett loses or ties to Andromeda.

OF the APL, their are a few really good teams that will have a shot at Classic 3

Oak Cliff Cobritas
DTS Red South
DFW Tejanos
Real GP
FC Nationals
Midland United Chivas
Fort Worth FC (have come on strong late)

OF these.. FC Nationals was the closest in qualifying this past season..  They Tied Faber and lost 1-0 to Toshack in second week of QT.

OF the PPL there are a few pretty good teams as well, although I think top APL are a bit better.  PPL is just much deeper from 1 to 19.

North Texas Strikers Blue
AFC Black
Mustangs FC.
Meja Romero
Dallas Tigres

NTX Strikers, like the Nationals, were very close in the QT, tying DT Red Badii 1-1 and losing by 1 to LP St Johns.

Classic 2 this year had a few good teams that could compete well with the second tier D1 teams.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were only two to three new teams in Classic 3 next year.

John 3:16, FCD Central Waters and Texas Lightning are the best bets to be replaced, the other 5 will be very tough to beat in the Challenge Cup.

Mustangs are falling apart and might not be there next season. They only had 9 kids show up for a game.
Dallas Tigres got caught with three kids that were older and played in league play. Ended up having to forfeit the game
Meja Romero are big strong kids but are not that consistent in play although coming on strong as of late

avatar
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 147
Join date : 2011-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by SoccerIsFun on 3/23/2014, 5:52 pm

John 3:16 may be completely out of the tourney. Heard they only had 5 or 6 show at Saturday's game vs Liverpool so will probably be a forfeit. That knocks them out for next year, if I'm not mistaken.

SoccerIsFun
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Join date : 2014-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by Number13 on 3/23/2014, 8:19 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:CCSAI doesn't allow pass play for qualifying tournaments.

Why not just transfer them over? Maybe I don't understand the rules but can't you just transfer to a team for the Play-in Tourney...then just not sign with that team come July 1st and go back to your prior team?
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1465
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by soccerdadrandy on 3/23/2014, 8:26 pm

Number13 wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:CCSAI doesn't allow pass play for qualifying tournaments.

Why not just transfer them over?  Maybe I don't understand the rules but can't you just transfer to a team for the Play-in Tourney...then just not sign with that team come July 1st and go back to your prior team?

if the transferring team doesn't need the players this can be done. up until march 31st. no transfers after april 1 bounce bounce


Last edited by soccerdadrandy on 3/23/2014, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
avatar
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2013-08-22
Location :

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by jocoop on 3/24/2014, 3:47 pm

I thought NTX Strikers Blue played a really good game in PPL.. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see them in Classic D3 next season.
avatar
jocoop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-05-02
Location : Allen

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by Soccer27 on 3/24/2014, 4:36 pm

I agreed they did play consistent and went undefeated for the year.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 380
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by muc03b on 3/26/2014, 10:28 pm

http://www.ccsai.org/page/show/979213-classic-challege-games-tournament

Here we go...looks like registration link is up!!

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 141
Join date : 2013-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by Gotgoalz on 4/2/2014, 9:26 am

Number13 wrote:You are always going to be making a cut that may not appear to be fair.

The current U11 D2 deal is very Glengarry Glenross.  First place cadillac, 2nd place steak knives, 3rd place you are effing fired.  Big difference between getting a spot in U12 D2 and having to try to requalify for U12 D3.  

At least this year, as opposed to last year, you will be signing a contract AFTER you know what league that team will be playing in.  So no super duper unpleasant surprises (hey there DTS Red).

Exactly, what happened here? can you explain little more?

Gotgoalz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by Number13 on 4/2/2014, 9:35 am

Nothing really happened other than they changed the number of automatic byes for D3.  In the past they used to only have two "Play In" spots and the other 8 were byes based on the past year.  This year there are 8 "Play In" spots in D3.

So if you were in D2 of U11 this year....

1st and 2nd place = you get a bye for D2 next year
3rd-10th place =  you get nothing, have to try to requalify for D3

Last year at U11 you had to sign a contract, then you played in a QT.  If you didn't like where your team was, tough nuggets.  You already signed.  This play in tourney will be Memorial Day, so come July 1st you can sign a contract knowing exactly what division that team will be playing in.

Maybe I'm not answering your question, but that was what I was attempting to say prior.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1465
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by Gotgoalz on 4/2/2014, 11:59 am

Number13 wrote:Nothing really happened other than they changed the number of automatic byes for D3.  In the past they used to only have two "Play In" spots and the other 8 were byes based on the past year.  This year there are 8 "Play In" spots in D3.

So if you were in D2 of U11 this year....

1st and 2nd place = you get a bye for D2 next year
3rd-10th place =  you get nothing, have to try to requalify for D3

Last year at U11 you had to sign a contract, then you played in a QT.  If you didn't like where your team was, tough nuggets.  You already signed.  This play in tourney will be Memorial Day, so come July 1st you can sign a contract knowing exactly what division that team will be playing in.

Maybe I'm not answering your question, but that was what I was attempting to say prior.

I meant what happened with DTS Red !

Gotgoalz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by Number13 on 4/2/2014, 12:05 pm

Gotgoalz wrote:
I meant what happened with DTS Red !

Oh. They were seeded pretty high in the QT and ended up not making CL. I think they just had a bad weekend. If you sign with a team thinking "I hope we are D1, but we can handle D2"....and then you end up APL, that is probably an unpleasant surprise.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1465
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by Soccer27 on 4/2/2014, 4:53 pm

The way DTS red has been playing looks like they will get in this time to classic D3

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 380
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D3 Play in tournament

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum