Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Question for FCD03 Select Parents

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question for FCD03 Select Parents

Post by FCD04RED on 3/12/2014, 9:53 am

Trying to get my bearings on all the select histeria that is infecting our team.  Wondering if any parents that have gone through this with FCD last year can offer some advice.  Please PM me your personal experience.  This is all new to us.

1.  How are select tryouts structured?  Is it pool play with coaches evaluating?

2.  In general and specific to FCD, how does the whole select tryout process work?  From what I gather, I keep hearing that most teams are already formed - however, aren't the majority of the teams 'handed off' to Select coaches???  Seems illogical to think that a new coach will just take an already formed team without making roster changes or picking up new players once evaluated.

3.  Our bb is relatively new to his 04 FCD team. We have already been told that his team will remain in tact and transition to select in the Summer.  Being new to the team, I am wondering if there is still other opportunities for other FCD coaches to "look" at him and possibly get on another team.  Not that his current team is bad, but being new - can't help but wonder if other coaches have more to offer.

Last edited by march04 on 3/12/2014, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

FCD04RED
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum